Avast Endpoint Protection is the ideal solution for SOHO networks of up to 199 computers and no server. It protects workstations and offers two options for remote management. For simple networks (without sub-networks),
we recommend our Small Office Administration tool, and for complex networks and advanced administrators,
our Enterprise Administration console. Our “Plus” version also includes a firewall and antispam.
Key Features – Avast Endpoint Protection
- USER INTERFACE (UI) The Avast UI has been redesigned to keep up with modern navigation styles. Newbies will find it easy to use, while geeks are still able to access advanced customizable features
- REMOTE ASSISTANCE The Remote Assistance feature allows Avast users to connect and share desktops with each other. is may be useful for technical support as well as for general administrative purpose.
- improved! ANTIVIRUS AND ANTI-SPYWARE ENGINE
Our award-winning scanning engine protects against viruses, spyware, and other malicious agents, now with a new algorithm that is based on machine learning, which can process new-virus data in milliseconds rather than hours.
- improved! STREAMING, REAL-TIME VIRUS DATABASE UPDATES Each virus signature comes to you in real-time via connection to the AVAST Virus Lab cloud, rather than needing to wait for a traditional virus-database update. Your database will be continuously updated with latest definitions.
- improved! FILE REPUTATION SYSTEM Now with more than a billion unique files in our cloud, Avast FileRep lets you know whether a file is safe before you open it – determined in part by how many people have the file and how new the file is. e technology is also used internally, to help the scanning engine make more intelligent decisions.
- improved! BEHAVIOR SHIELD Our Behavior Shield now uses more sophisticated logic for determining – with greater precision – whether any running processes are displaying any unusual behavior.
- improved! AVAST SANDBOX Provides an extra layer of security for you to run your applications in a virtual environment – where any attacks are thus contained instead of attacking your real PC.
Small Office Administration
- WEB-BASED CONSOLE
Easy to use dashboard lists all current problems and recommended solutions.
- EASY-TO-NAVIGATE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE (GUI)
Offers a user-friendly central window to all program functions.
- REMOTE INSTALLATION AND UPDATES
Saves both time and costs associated with traditional deployment at individual end points.
- AUTO-DISCOVERY OF NEW/UNPROTECTED (OR ‘ROGUE‘) PCs
Notifies you when potentially unprotected/harmful PCs connect to your company network.
- COMPREHENSIVE REPORTING
Flexible selection of what information gets reported and how often.
- BUILT FOR SIMPLICITY
Easy to use, even for people who are not IT experts.
- ABILITY TO SCHEDULE/RUN SCANNING JOBS
Schedule scans to run at night or whenever you don‘t need to use your PC.
- REAL-TIME ALERTS
In the event of infection or other unauthorized activity, the central console receives immediate real-time alerts.
Avast Enterprise Administration maintains managed devices in a tree structure, which can be based on, for example, the geographical or organizational structure of the network. This makes it possible also to assign appropriate administration access rights and policies.The tree can be built automatically or imported from a text file.
- DISCOVERY/REMOTE DEPLOYMENT
Avast Enterprise Administration enables unattended, remote deployment of Avast antivirus software, even spanning multiple domains. To reduce the potential for security breaches, it also enables discovery of new or ‘rogue’ machines on the company network.
Avast Enterprise Administration offers a wide range of graphical and tabular reports, which can be either generated and viewed directly in the Administration Console, or exported and saved in a variety of formats (e.g. PDF, HTML, DOC). Reporting can be scheduled daily, weekly, or whatever makes the most sense.
Avast Enterprise Administration notifies, via various customizable alerting methods, about the activity on your network. Set up notifications via email (using SMTP or MAPI), Windows network pop-up messages, or even have them sent to a network printer
- AUTOMATIC UPDATES
Avast Enterprise Administration updates incrementally, with only new data downloaded, to greatly reduce transfer time and bandwidth requirements. Any number of mirror servers can be set up to work in a hierarchy
Avast Enterprise Administration complies with company security policies by allowing particular access rights to users and/or user groups. Each item (e.g. task, computer, event, computer group) has an access control list, with visibility set by the main administrator(s). All communications to the console are encrypted with SSL protocol and identified via a digital certificate.
- SUPPORT FOR NOTEBOOK USERS
Avast Enterprise Administration supports mobile devices, whose users connect almost randomly to the company network and often try to bypass restrictions set by the administrators. Initiated by POP client, updates are automatically downloaded and applied whenever a device connects to the company network – even if via VPN or over the internet.
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32/64 bit) 256 MB RAM
500 MB of free hard disk space
SMALL OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
Internet Explorer 6 or higher Silverlight-enabled browser Internet connectivity
Avast ENTERPRISE ADMINISTRATION SERVER Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32/64 bit) Windows 2003/2008/2011/2012/R2 (32/64bit) SQL 2008R2
1 GB RAM, 900MB of free hard disk space ADMINISTRATION CONSOLE
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32/64 bit) Windows 2003/2008/2011/2012/R2 (32/64bit) 128MB RAM, 250MB of free hard disk space Internet Explorer 6 or higher